CRA Review and Audit Help
- When we file your tax return, CRA assesses it and sends you a Notice of Assessment. It takes about two weeks if E-filed and 4 – 6 weeks if paper filed.
- CRA has two programs to check and verify the information we report on tax returns. These are:
- Review, and
- For review, CRA randomly picks up some tax returns every year. If selected for review, you will be asked to provide documents to support your incomes, deductions, and tax credits claimed.
- The review criterion is the same for E-filed and paper filed returns.
- After Review, your return may or may not be reassessed. However, if you do not agree with the reassessment, you can file a Notice of Objection.
Every year CRA randomly selects to review tax returns. You may receive a letter from CRA asking for additional information. If you did your tax return with TAXWIDE, relax, we are here to take care of all the paperwork. Even if we did not prepare your tax return still we offer free advice and help. We also offer free double check on your previous filed tax returns.
TAXWIDE provides free help in case of review and re-assessment. We also provide free advice to those who did not file the return with taxwide.